(If you missed the first post in this series, you can check it out here.)
I'm hoping to branch out into more subjects other than fashion on my blog, like skin care, cosmetics & even homeware! I'd also like to do some food-related posts but that will be a little further down the line.
So, today's post is focusing on hand washes. It might not always be the first thing people think of when it comes to skin care, but hand wash is actually really important. Just think how often we use our hands throughout the day & what we subject them to! Harsh chemicals, the ever-changing weather, central-heating. I'm very careful with my hands because I have such sensitive skin & I suffer from contact dermatitis - especially around this time of year! Sometimes I am able to prevent a bad outbreak if I'm careful & vigilant with my hand care, but other times I'm not so lucky. I've put together a few of my favourite liquid hand washes & I've tried, tested & loved all of them:
1. Original Source Vanilla Milk & Raspberry Moisturising Hand Wash, £1 @ Asda:
This hand wash smells just like milkshake! 100% natural fragrance, lovely creamy formula. I like that this is moisturising. It feels luxurious & smells heavenly!
2. Salcura Omega Rich Hand Wash, £6.50 @ Chemist Direct:
This hand wash is rich in Omega's 3, 6, 7 & 9 which are derived from high-grade Sea Buckthorn berries. This is suitable for all skin but especially good for sensitive skin with problems like eczema & dermatitis. As I said, I suffer from dermatitis on my hands & this usually flares up in the Winter period so I often buy this to use as it doesn't sting or further irritate my hands & helps heal them. It is expensive but you can shop around to find the best deal & I don't mind buying it every now & again as I know it will help out my hands!
3. Hemp Moisturising Hand Wash, £5 @ The Body Shop:
Hemp products do have an unusual smell, but this helps keep my hands moisturised & it's kinder to skin as it's soap-free. Again, a little expensive but The Body Shop are always doing great deals now so you can pick it up much cheaper.
4. Pears Liquid Hand Wash, £2 @ Asda:
I like the packaging of this hand wash. This one is also soap-free so again it's ideal for my dry hands. It's also non-comedogenic which means it won't clog your pores.
Again, this one is also soap-free & it is enriched with extracts of 100% natural origin milk, honey & aloe vera. This helps moisturise & nourish my hands, leaving them nice & soft. I love the smell of this hand wash!
6. Faith In Nature Lavender & Geranium Hand Wash, £3.15 @ Chemist Direct:
I love Faith In Nature products. This hand wash smells lovely with the essential oils & lavender is great because it has anti-septic & anti-bacterial properties. Geranium promotes skin health & helps keep it looking young. This is paraben & SLES free.
A few pointers to help keep your hands in mint condition throughout Autumn & Winter:
- Wear gloves outdoors - there are loads of fashionable options available including leather, fur & cotton. I have an adorable pair of leopard print suede-like mittens with faux fur lining!
- Wear gloves when using household cleaning products & when doing the washing-up. Latex gloves don't agree with my hands so I use BizzyBee Latex-Free Vinyl Gloves which also have a lovely, soft cotton lining.
- MOISTURISE those hands! Moisturising really is key to keeping your hands at their best. Moisturise frequently during the day. Gloves In A Bottle is my go-to product for moisturising my hands!
For an intensive treatment, apply a rich moisturiser before bed & wear cotton gloves overnight for super-soft hands in the morning!
- Try to use products with natural ingredients that are kind to your skin.
I hope you enjoyed this post! Have you got any hand wash product recommendations or hand care tips to share?